Saturday, March 26, 2016

Happy Easter!


A very happy Easter to you all. I love Easter and I especially love what this holiday celebrates - the resurrection of Jesus Christ. I cannot express how much I appreciate His redeeming love and the effect of His gospel in my life. Blessed Savior, Dear Redeemer!

This is a picture of my sweet sister and I on Easter Sunday in 1966. No we aren't twins, but we are just a year apart in age. My sis is older than I. My mom didn't often dress us alike, but when we were young she sometimes indulged that urge. This picture was taken at the home of my grandmother, who was an avid amateur photographer. Can you guess which is me?

7 comments:

  1. You must be the sweet, shy maiden on the left. You're so lucky to have a sister so close in age.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and your sister look a lot alike, Kathleen, but I think you're on the right. Yes, I, too, am grateful for Jesus Christ, His resurrection, and all He has done for me. Miracle upon miracle!
    --Nancy. (ndmessier @ aol.com, joyforgrace.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable photo! By the way, I'm back in the blogging world after quite a long absence--looking forward to reading and commenting more faithfully now!

    Where Love Is

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy to see you on here again Hannah! I am sorry for your trials and troubles and admire your practical faith. Life really is hard sometimes. Just keep a going!

      Delete
  5. Thanks for your comments! I am the one on the left. My flower should be pinned to my dress as well, but I had to hold it instead. Always have to be different and my sister was always on track, doing what she should. I love the way my mom always dressed us up for Easter. We always had white gloves and white shoes. Sometimes a hat and purse as well. Times change - always.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...